- January 5 & 23, 2020 - Avalanche & Wilderness Safety Training, Borough Public Library
Department of Publice Safety FREE Backcountry Skills Workshop at the library from 5:30 pm -7:30 pm. Bring questions and essential rescue gear: beacon, shovel, & probe. Also an avalanche courses will be offered in January and February, for more information visit https://alaskasnow.org/haines-hac/
- January 16, 2020 - River Talk, Chilkat Center Lobby
Come and share your story or come and listen to mine. Seven speakers, seven stories, seven minutes, seven o'clock and the cost is $7 to enjoy a cafe' setting with local stories, musicians and refreshments. Want to sign up? Call 907-314-0282.
- January 17-19, 2020 - Alcan 200 RESCHEDULED for FEBRUARY 7-9
International snow machine race from the U.S. Canadian border to Dezadeash Lake and back on theHaines Highway. Calcutta is Friday night, Saturday the race and on Sunday the snow drags will take place. For more information, contact 766-3775 or web site www.alcan200.org/sign up. Beware of road closure northbound and southbound from Pleasant Camp to/from Dezadeash Lodge from approximately 8am to 4pm (Canadian time).
- January 26, 2020 - Northern Light Showcase, Chilkat Center for the Arts
A Night of Music & Spoken Word, starts at 7pm, event put on by the Haines Arts Council.
- January 30 - February 2, 2020- Dick Hotch Basketball Tournament, Haines High School
Four days of basketball with teams from Southeast Alaska and Canada. Contact 907-766-3023 for more information.
- January 1, 2021 - Polar Bear Swim
At the Port Chilkoot Dock beach, jumping in at 10 am. Contact Tom Morphet 907-766-3775 for more information.
- January 1, 2021 - Haines First Friday Event
Join local residents, galleries, museums and artists for a walkabout to visit featured exhibits around town. Schedule of events change each month so don't forge to get a schedule or contact the Haines Chamber of Commerce at email@example.com for more information.
If you would like more information on any of the Events above feel free to contact us.