Where to Start
The Golden Circle is an breath taking drive through Canada (Yukon and Northern British Columbia) and the United States (Alaska).
Common routes to Haines:
- By air from Seattle - people commonly fly to Juneau through a major airline, and then take a smaller (regional) airline to Haines
- By boat from Juneau - Alaska Marine Highway System runs year-round, and Alaska Fjordlines operates over the summer (May-Sept)
- By boat from Bellingham, WA - about a 2 hour drive north of Seattle, Bellingham is where the Alaska Marine Highway System departs from
- By road - from Anchorage, Whitehorse (Canada), or even the contiguous United States (aka "lower 48"), you can drive to Haines
- By cruise ship - many ships stop directly in Haines, or our neighbor community of Skagway. A short 1-hour boat ride away will get you here from Skagway!
Find out more about getting to Haines through any one of the communities listed below. And, of course, if you have any questions or need assistance, please contact us! Once in Haines, there are several Car Rentals and Taxi Services available, as well as bicycle rentals to get around town.
Would you like a road map of Alaska? Go to Alaska.org to order one for free!
Getting to Haines through...