Haines in News, Books, & Magazines
- Haines (Winter) Destination Guide - Triporati , By - Don Pitcher
Located along a deep fjord in northern Southeast Alaska, the town of Haines (pop . 1400) straddles a narrow peninsula. Out front is Chilkoot Inlet and ...
- Tool Talk, April 19, 2010 - Oroville Mercury Register
By BUD BOLT - Now before I get started I want to make it clear that I wouldn't have gone if it weren't for the opportunity to visit the "Hammer Museum" in Haines, Alaska...
- Glaciers in a go-fly zone, March 7, 2010 - WA Today.com.au
Ben Hall - Our last full day in Alaska before returning to San Francisco is spent back in Haines as our ship has a busted engine part and a replacement won't arrive ...
- Find Real Alaska In Small Towns,February 21, 2010 - Mercury News
Carol Fowler Contra Costa Times Correspondent Download PDF
- Green cruises in Alaska, Friday, Aug. 21, 2009 Globe and Mail
When not viewing mountains and glaciers, we stopped in gold rush outports Skagway, Ketchikan and Haines, which would probably have dried up and blown away...
- Real Adventure Travel.com, Monday, April 9, 2007
Linda Ballou article "Haines-The More it Changes, the more it Stays the Same"
- Sunday Oregonian, Sunday January 11, 2004
Stanton H. Patty's article "Hammering home a point, quirky Haines is Alaska's Hidden Gem"
- Seattle Times Travel Section, Sunday February 15, 2004
Stanton H. Patty's article "Bears, Bald Eagles and Ball Peen Hammers in Haines"
- Juneau Empire Wednesday, August 27, 2003
Christine Schmid's article: "Haines featured travel destination in NY Times"
- New York Times Sunday, August 24, 2003
Cheryll Aimee Barron's article: "Live, It's 'Northern Exposure'"
- Cruise Passenger Magazine - Australia 2010
Alaska: A new perspective. An article featuring Haines.
- Men's Journal April 2006 issue
"50 Best Places to Live," "Most Active Towns, Multisport hubs with something for everyone," by Christian DeBenedetti * About Haines, he says, "Wilderness, mild weather, and no stoplights--the perfect small-town adrenaline headquarters."
- Food and Wine July 2005, Special Collectors Issue "Hooked on Alaska," in the Travel Alaska section. Article by Manny Howard; photographs by Frances Janisch.
- Library Journal February 2005
"The Library Haines Built--Best Small Library in America 2005," by John N. Berry III
- Up Here October 2004 issue
Last Word column. "Hammer Home" by Matt Ross
- National Geographic Adventure Magazine September 2004 issue
- Outside Magazine August 2004
The New Best Places to Live & Play, 20 Dream Towns, "100-Proof"
- Alaska Magazine Annual Travel Issue February 2004
Dana Stabenow's article: "Haines Idyll"
- Arthur Frommer's Budget Travel April 2003 issue
Ed Readicker-Henderson's article: "Riding the Alaska Marine Highway"
- Outside Travel 2004 Annual
Doug Fine's article: "Bald Eagles, Alaska Chilkat Bald Eagle Preserve"
- Alaska Airlines Magazine February 2004 Issue.
- National Geographic Travel Magazine
- CNN.com, December 7, 1999
"Hamann journal: Frozen toes and bloody talons" (and a Travel Snapshots July 2, 2003 featured a Haines picture.)
- "Haines for All Seasons"
Northern Exposures from Alaska
Reflecting Our Bond with the Land and Each Other
48-pages, 200 original images by KmKm/Crystal Images
"If You Lived Here, I'd Know Your Name"
Heather Lende's book about life and death in Haines
The information found in this area points to blogs of people who have visited Haines, blogs of locals, newspaper and magazine articles, photography by amateurs and professionals alike and video.
Please enjoy the links within and contact us if you have any questions
Some of the links listed in these pages may have changed since we posted them. If you find that one of the links is broken, please let us know