- October through January - Chilkat Bald Eagle Preserve Gathering
World's largest congregation of American Bald Eagles. Up to 4000 eagles gather along the banks of the Chilkat River to feast on spawning salmon.
- December, 2018 - Annual Community Christmas Celebration throughout December
Throughout December there are activities for everyone. Write a letter to Santa and drop at the Post Office and enter the Cookie & Candy Contest. Mrs. Claus will be at the Library for stories & songs. Visit the Haines Sheldon Museum to get pictures with Santa and get an early start on your holiday shopping. The parade goes down Main Street (lineup at Thors @ 3:30 pm) and the Haines Uglys put on The Gifts for Grub toy drive at the American Legion.
- December 1, 2018 - Lighting of the Fort, Fort Seward Parade Grounds
At 5 pm sharp, the great canon blasts and Fort Seward lights up with Christmas lights. Then follows the fireworks, a Christmas Tableau and music of the season. Join an old-fashioned bonfire, weenie roast. Hope for snow for the sledding party and get the Christmas spirit going.
- December 7, 2018 - Haines First Friday Event
Join local residents, galleries, museums and artists for a walkabout to visit featured exhibits around town. Schedule of events change each month so don't forget to get a schedule.
- December 7, 2018 - Community Tree Lighting, 3rd and Main St.
Visit Santa, vote on the Cookie & Candy entries, Christmas caroling, hot chocolate and cotton candy, starting at 5 pm.
- December 8, 2018 - Artist Bazaar, Santa, Mrs. Claus and Winter Cheer at the Library
Artist Bazaar at the Chilkat Center from 10 am-2 pm, photos with Santa 1-3 pm at the Haines Sheldon Museum, Stories/songs with Mrs. Claus 3:30-4:30 pm at the Library and from 6-8 pm Winter Cheer at the library.
- December 9, 2018 - Community Bazaar "Dickens Victorian Winter Stroll", Elementary School
Locally made items and treasures for that special someone, 11 am - 4:30 pm. Call 907-766-6727 or email email@example.com for details or reserve a table.
- December 15, 2018 - Holiday Parade & Uglys Gifts for Grubs
Line up for the parade at Thors at 3:30 pm, starts at 4 pm than join the Uglys Gifts for Grub at 5 pm at the Legion.
- December 16, 2018 - Holly Jolly Follies, Chilkat Center
A wonderful community variety show surely to delight both young and old and bring Christmas cheer to all. The show will start promptly at 4 pm.
- December, 2019 - Haines ANS Camp 5 Christmas Bazaar, ANB/ANS Hall
Something for everyone! Held at the ANB/ANS Hall from 10 am to 2 pm. Call 907-766-2166 to reserve a table.
- December 31, 2018 - Annual Casino Night, Chilkat Center
Casino Night, doors open at 9 pm. $25 buys entrance, choice of mask at the door & $400 in chips. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 907-766-2202 with questions.
If you would like more information on any of the Events above feel free to contact us.